Bulawayo SEO: Optimising your website to appear for your keywords
You have a great looking business website but you have very little website traffic and not generating new customers from the internet, why?
The answer is your website is not optimised to appear in the search results for your for those keywords!
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.
To make a website appear at the top of the search results for specific keywords, you have to follow Google’s guidelines.
By presenting Google and other search engines the information that they require, they will move your website to the top of the search results.
Here are some stats about SEO that will interest you:
- Content marketing rocks. Marketing Sherpa reports distribution lead to a 2,000% increase in blog traffic and a 40% increase in revenue.
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads.
- The first organic search result will get nearly 33% of clicks.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages. And companies with more indexed pages get far more leads.
- 81% of businesses consider their blogs to be an important asset to their businesses.
- For Google, a study from Slingshot SEO shows 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
How to rank a website in Google?
Google has over 200 elements that they look at to determine where a website will appear in the search results.
The two main ranking factors are:
- On-Page SEO
- Inbound links
On-Page SEO is making sure your website is fully optimised for the search engines.
When a website is being built, the website designer should be following certain steps to ensure that the website will offer all the information to the search engines.
Elements that should be added to every page and post on a website:
- Title tags
- Meta descriptions
- Header Tags (1-6)
- Alt tags
- LSI keywords used throughout the page
- Quality content on each page
- XML Sitemap
- Robots.txt file installed
- and the list goes on…
Once each page of a website is optimised and re-submitted to the search engines to be crawled and re-indexed, it is time to build some inbound links.
Being the second most important ranking factor, links or inbound links determine where you appear in the search results.
Disclaimer: Links are not created equal. It is not about quantity but the quality of the links.
The biggest fault we see with some websites is they are spammed with low-quality links which actually hurt their rankings in Google.
If you deal with an SEO Agency and they deliver SPAM links, you will find yourself getting penalised by Google and your website will be found nowhere in the search results.
Google and the other search engines are coming down hard on websites who use old techniques of generating inbound links.
The Riley Method: Bulawayo SEO Agency
We have been optimising and ranking websites for clients for over 5 years and in that time we have ranked websites for the most competitive keywords.
By using The Riley Method to optimise your website you will receive:
- A fully optimised website: On-Page SEO
- Local citations
- Google Maps optimisation
- High-quality links from trusted sources
- Keyword research
- Monthly Reports
If you are looking for your website to appear on the first page of Google then contact the number 1 SEO Agency in Bulawayo, The Riley Method.
— Michael J. Schiemer (@MikeSchiemer) February 19, 2018